Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance is employer-paid and provided to housestaff members appointed at 0.75 FTE and higher.
- This plan is designed to provide income when an employee is unable to work for at least a 180-day period.
- The plan provides for 60% (up to $2500 / month) of salary on a tax-free basis.
- The definition of disability is “specialty specific.”
- Benefits may continue, in cases of permanent disability, until Social Security Normal Retirement Age.
For a copy of the policy and additional plan details, please see our COM Policy Documents Page.
Additionally, for graduating housestaff, a Guarantee Issue Individual Long-Term Disability Plan is available. To receive the guarantee-issue provision, applicants must apply prior to graduation of their program and must not have been previously denied while applying for another disability plan.