OPS and Student Assistant Recruitment and Hiring
1. Departments are responsible for insuring that they have sufficient funding to cover OPS and student assistant positions.
2. If the department elects to advertise a position for an OPS/Student Assistant, submit for posting through Careers at UF. If you already have a candidate in mind and do not need to advertise the position, skip steps 2-6.
3. Administrative Affairs will review and approve the requisition at level 1.
4. Hiring Authority appoints a search committee (if desired) and provides a clear and precise charge to the committee.
5. After the recruitment deadline, the Search Committee Members (or the hiring authority if no search committee was appointed) should review applications and make recommendations of applicants who warrant further consideration. All recruitment notes are subject to Florida Public Records Law.
6. Schedule and hold interviews. Select final candidate. Complete all applicant status information in Careers at UF in order to obtain clearance for the final candidate. When the applicant is cleared for hire, the recruiter will move the applicant to the “offer made” status and the department should receive an email giving clearance via the Careers at UF system.
7. It is recommended that you request your HR recruiter verify highest level education for final candidate if they are a US graduate. If they are a foreign graduate, the department should contact a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services member to verify the degree. NACES members can be found online at http://www.naces.org/. Please note that for medical graduates who will receive a medical license, a copy of the degree confirmation from the FCVS packet will be acceptable.
*** If you wish to offer the candidate more than $15 an hour for a position that was not approved for posting above that level, you must send a justification with resume/application information to COM-APPOFFERLETTERS-L@lists.ufl.edu for approval prior to making an offer.
You must submit a Pay Rate Justification Form for any student assistant whose proposed salary will be more than double the Florida Minimum Wage rate. The pay rate justification form is available at: http://www.sfa.ufl.edu/isis/PayRateJustification2016.pdf.
8. Once the hire has been approved to move forward, you may offer the position to the proposed hire.
9. Further information regarding the hire process is as listed below:
- For US Citizen or Permanent Resident, click here for further instruction.
- For Foreign National, click here for further instruction.
****Please note requirements vary for Anesthesiology, Congenital Heart Center, Emergency Medicine and Medicine-Hospital Medicine.