Life Services Toolkit provides a suite of extra services that:
- Help employees plan for the future
- Help beneficiaries, including employees dealing with a loss, to move forward
Helping employees feel secure and supported and secure can help you achieve better value results from your benefits.
For beneficiaries and families, Life Services Toolkit can provide support and resources:
- Grief and loss support, including up to six face-to-face sessions,
Unlimited telephonic support and 24-hour assistance by phone, web
and live chat, with follow-up for one year.
- Books to help children and adults cope— Age-appropriate grief education and support books can be sent to the beneficiary’s home, written especially for children, teenagers, or adults mourning a spouse, partner or other loved one.
- Access to financial counselors, with the option to schedule a 60-minute phone session.
- Legal support, which includes 30-minute phone call or in-person legal consultation.
- Support services such as funeral or memorial planning assistance and referrals to needed services.
For employees and all covered members:
Online services include estate planning, funeral arrangements, identity theft protection, wellness and more, to help families plan ahead and deal with life’s challenges.
Life Services Toolkit Flyer – English
Life Services Toolkit Flyer – Spanish
The Standard includes Travel Assistance with all of our Group Life insurance policies.
This Benefit provides an additional sense of security for the employee and their eligible family members any time they travel more than 100 miles from home and/or international travel for trips up to 180 days. 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
A single phone call provides access to a full range of medical, legal and trip assistance services, including:
Pre-Trip Assistance: passport, visa, weather and currency exchange information, health hazards advice and inoculation requirements
Trip Assistance: emergency ticketing, credit card and passport replacement, funds transfer and locating missing baggage
Medical Assistance: locating medical care providers and interpreter services
Legal Assistance: legal referrals, consular officer or bail bond services
24-Hour Health Information: 24/7/365 access to registered nurses who can provide health and medication information, symptom decision support, and help understanding treatment options
Emergency Transportation Services1: emergency evacuation to the nearest adequate medical facility and medically necessary repatriation to the employee’s home, including repatriation of remains
Companion Transportation Services: returning travel companion if return travel is disrupted due to emergency transportation services2 or returning dependent children if left unattended due to prolonged hospitalization
Personal Security: logistical arrangements for ground transportation, housing and/or evacuation in the event of political unrest and social instability
1 Must be arranged by Generali Global Assistance. Related medical services, medical supplies and a medical escort are covered where applicable and necessary.
2 Not available to Oregon residents.
Travel Assist Flyer – English
Travel Assist Flyer – Spanish https://www.standard.com/eforms/14684spu.pdf