Founded in 1956 with the goal of training and supplying high-quality physicians, the University of Florida College of Medicine (UFCOM) is one of Florida’s preeminent academic medical institutions. In partnership with UF Health Shands Hospital, a quaternary-care, safety net teaching hospital with over 1,100 beds and a level-1 trauma center, as well as a network of over 100 UF Health Physicians clinics in North-Central Florida, UFCOM physicians provide leading care to residents of Florida and patients from around the world. Today, UFCOM, under the larger banner of UF Health, has a prolific reputation for world-class education, transformative research, and superior patient care.
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
The UFCOM Finance & Administration Fellowship Program is a 2-year, full-time, paid role that provides hands-on experience and professional mentorship. Housed in the Dean’s office, Fellows gain a comprehensive view of the entire health system and work on projects with collegewide impact. Fellows work with executive and upper-level management teams to engage in high-level strategic planning and other health system functions, including finance, budgeting, operations, facilities management, data analysis, information technology, marketing, and human resources. The Administrative Fellows report directly to the Assistant Director of Financial Planning who works closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Chief Operating Officer (COO) to develop plans for the duration of the Fellowship and explore future career opportunities.
The UFCOM Finance & Administration Fellowship Program provides promising healthcare professionals with practical experience, allowing them to develop their skills as future healthcare executives. This program provides unique opportunities to gain insights into the complex operational and financial environments within academic medical centers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & OPPORTUNITIES
- Facilitating and leading cross-functional, complex projects as assigned by the senior leadership team.
- Planning and participating in management teams to impact current UFCOM initiatives and executive-level decision making.
- Preparing and distributing reports with financial and non-financial impact to projects or business operations.
- Managing the healthcare administrative intern program by assigning projects, creating reports, evaluating performance, and coaching/mentoring.
- Developing technical skills through data mining, extracting, cleaning, and presenting clinical and financial data.
- Providing data analysis and interpretation related to assigned projects and leadership initiatives.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships throughout the organization to enable efficient leadership through projects involving change management or complex cross-departmental collaboration.
- Providing and receiving regular feedback in a thorough, constructive, and professional manner.
The UFCOM Finance & Administration Fellowship Program is an excellent opportunity for healthcare professionals seeking to develop their skills as future healthcare executives and leaders. With practical experience and mentorship from senior management, Fellows gain valuable insights into healthcare operations in an academic medical center environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Required materials to apply are found below. We are not currently accepting applications for the fellowship. Please come back at a later date for further details on deadlines and the link to apply for this opportunity.
- Personal Statement (1-Page)
- Cover Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Graduate Transcripts (Optional)
To be considered for this program, candidates are required to possess a master’s degree in one of the following fields: Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Health, Public Administration, Nursing Administration, Accounting, Information Systems, Management, or an equivalent program. It is essential that applicants have completed their degree prior to starting the fellowship unless the program necessitates a residency or fellowship. While not mandatory, having prior healthcare work experience, including internships, and showcasing leadership skills through community engagement or involvement in professional associations is advantageous.
Details to come.
Please send any inquiries regarding the UFCOM Finance & Administration Fellowship Program to:
Allison Y Castiblanco MHA
Jacq Hundley MHA