- Long-Term Disability Insurance is employer-paid and provided to clinical and basic science faculty members appointed at 0.75 FTE and higher.
- This plan is designed to provide income when an employee is unable to work for at least a 180-day period.
- The plan provides for 60% of salary (up to $15,000 / month benefit) on a tax-free basis.
- The definition of disability is “specialty specific.”
- Benefits may continue, in cases of permanent disability, until Social Security Normal Retirement Age.
For a copy of the policy and additional plan details, please see our COM Policy Documents Page.