Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the UF College of Medicine.
The first step will be to coordinate with one of our departments to begin the application process. The application will require the following:
- Record of Volunteer Service
- Volunteer Invitation Letter
- Emergency Contact Form
- Confidentiality Statement
- HIPAA & Privacy
General Awareness HIPAA Training available on myTraining (Course Number PRV800 – HIPAA General Awareness) as required by the UF Privacy Office
- Supervisor Checklist for Health Assessments
- Volunteer Request to Observe Patient Care or Access Restricted Information
- Health Assessment (INOP) Form Required if patient contact or animal contact and etc. Require confirmation that volunteer has been cleared through Workforce Monitor in Peoplesoft.
- Copy of Driver’s License (if Foreign National then Gator1 Card or passport)
- Copy of I-94 front and back, EAD, I-20 and/or DS2019 if Foreign National
Shadowing (6 months or less)
Please keep in mind that the maximum amount of time individuals are allowed to observe has been extended to 6 consecutive months. Within this 6 month period, observers can shadow as many faculty members as they would like so long as they submit their approval as well. Once you have all of the required documents, feel free to scan them and send them to the email address listed below.
- The forms required to observe are a request to observe form, a signed confidentiality statement and a HIPAA training certificate.
For more information
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Physicians Office: 352-265-7987